Cruising to Norfolk
I'm pleased with the boat. We've been motoring < 3000 rpms and cruising along around 7 knots the whole trip. All with a nasty bottom. I'll be pleased to see how she does with sanding + bottom painting.
However, one unfortunate event occurred this morning - I let out some main to attempt to stabilize the boat while we were heading into the waves, and after a bit, I noticed a slight tear at the top of the patched section where the patch attaches to the seams. Good thing I have a new main coming in a couple of weeks.
It's 10am, and we're only 10nm from Thimble Shoal where we head west and head down Elizabeth River, then South to Portsmouth where we'll be staying at Waterside Marina. Looks like a fun and happening place, so it's nice to get there early. Besides, Admiral Polly is behind on her DNA - Daily Napping Allowance.
Polly's brother Bobby and wife Laura and nieces Sydney & Campbell live nearby and are hopefully going to swing by. It will be great to see them.
jt
However, one unfortunate event occurred this morning - I let out some main to attempt to stabilize the boat while we were heading into the waves, and after a bit, I noticed a slight tear at the top of the patched section where the patch attaches to the seams. Good thing I have a new main coming in a couple of weeks.
It's 10am, and we're only 10nm from Thimble Shoal where we head west and head down Elizabeth River, then South to Portsmouth where we'll be staying at Waterside Marina. Looks like a fun and happening place, so it's nice to get there early. Besides, Admiral Polly is behind on her DNA - Daily Napping Allowance.
Polly's brother Bobby and wife Laura and nieces Sydney & Campbell live nearby and are hopefully going to swing by. It will be great to see them.
jt

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home