Norfolk shipyards...
We just passed through the Norfolk shipyard area. Things got real exciting briefly as we had a container vessel about 200 yds on our starboard and the naval docks on our port and were forced outside the channel towards the naval area by passing tug traffic. We only got one visit from the security boat. There were about a dozen distroyers, the Comfort hospital ship, one aircraft carrier, lots of amphibious ships and three attack submarines. We will upload pictures later today....
Cheers...
Cheers...

3 Comments:
Jason, just confirming that you and Polly will be racing aboard BEG next weekend. Post something if you won't make it, but we are counting on you man.
E
By
Anonymous, at 2:08 PM
Sailing at 7 knots in 10 knots breeze - I don't doubt it at all. Good times reading this blog.
By
Anonymous, at 4:55 PM
Hey guys, this may be a little late ,but I feel I just must respond to the jab at my biking skills. Now, given the extent of seat time I've actually got on a bike (cross country trip plus)(with no injuries)(ok, except on the pre-trip on the sand in Hatteras) I feel that my miles to injury ratio is pretty dern good. And as far as biking while imbibing goes, well, 7 biking days in Key West with Billy the Baptist and no injuries says a lot. So I don't think that the one little BWI incident in Charleston should really have me labled as a high risk biker. Besides, my WWI injury this year was much worse. Wait. I'm not sure that helps my argument.
Anyway, glad ya'll are having a blast. But what are you doing eating strawberries without whipped cream in a can? to be sure Polly didn't forget the whipped cream in a can.
See ya soon,
CL
By
Anonymous, at 6:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home